Thursday, January 9, 2014

Carlsbad Day 4

Well, I said that the activity would be a surprise - but now that it is over, the secret can be told! This morning, we headed down to San Diego/Point Loma to watch part of a debate tournament that several church families participated in. We left Carlsbad at about 9:30, and made it down in time to watch a couple friends do their speeches. Before we headed off to lunch, though, we ran into Nick Kjeldgaard, who goes to school at the university that the debate tournament was being held at! It was a very pleasant surprise, and it was great to see him.

After lunch, we returned to the university to watch one more debate before we headed off.


The campus backs up right onto the ocean!


Hope and Caleb played on the playground while Dad, Corey, and I all watched a debate.


Hope and Caleb.


"How does this wheel thingy work?"


Caleb's obviously driving a British car, with its steering wheel on the left side :)


Swinging!


Sitting.


Talking.


Sean after his debate.


The Otto's little guy.

After we got back to the apartment, Corey hijacked the camera.






Nothing like a home-cooked meal!


Sittin' at the dinner table.

After dinner, we went to a ping-pong tournament that the resort held.




Dad and I were on a team.



It looks like I'm hitting Dad in this picture. It also appears as though Dad and I have the same concentration face (compare this picture to the one above it).


Corey and Mom were on a team (no, they did not play Dad and I, they played another duo).


Whack the ball!


 Hope and I decided to rest on the couch afterwards.


After ping-pong, we went to the fire pit to enjoy the fire and some hot chocolate.


"Burn, burn, burn; the ring of fire; the ring of fire."


Sitting at the fire.


We ended our game by playing Pinochle.

And there you have our day! We have one more day on our vacation, before we head back home on Saturday.

Until tomorrow,

Casey

5 comments:

  1. Once again, it looks like y'all are having a great time! Thanks for sharing all of those awesome pictures!

    I like the picture of Hope and Caleb at the play ground; they're both so cute!

    As always, Corey did a good job hijacking the camera;). He got me laughing:D.

    You're right! You and your dad have the same concentration face.

    Nothing like ending the day with a fun card game!

    I'll be seeing you around!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember having so much fun when we went to the San Diego debate tournament years back. Anabelle and I got to hang out the whole time! We went to the zoo and to a light house and shtuff like dat.

    Wow, Corey! No crutches in sight! You've even gotten back to hijacking. ;)

    Fire and hot chocolate sounds wonderful.

    Keep enjoying yourselves. We'll see ya soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kels - Thanks again!

    Corey is a ham. He won't admit it, but he is :) Alright, fine, it runs in the blood :)

    Hannah -

    Yeah, no zoo for us this time!

    And Corey is done with crutches, it seems. He didn't use them at all today.

    Thank ya both!

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Johnny Cash, great pics and comments. Whose big foot is that? ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer to think of myself more as a turkey than a ham. It has a better ring to it =)

    Meems, I was trying to spread my toes out as far as possible while taking that picture, but my skills don't extend too far in that area =P

    ReplyDelete