Friday, January 10, 2014

Carlsbad: Final Day

 Today was our final full day at Carlsbad. We've had a great time, but we're all ready to be home.

This morning, we got up, got around, and played croquet! We had nothing on the agenda, so we just relaxed and played games (and in Corey's and my cases, got a few school items taken care of).


Croquet equipment in a fancy pattern that I did not notice or plan for this picture - I'm guessing Corey put them like that, but it's just a guess.


Dad at the bat with his trusty yellow ball (originally Mom was going to be yellow, but dad stepped up to the plate before her).


The croquet mallets were very tiny and we had to crouch to use them.


Corey's still favoring his left leg, but he didn't use his crutches at all today, and was able to keep up pretty well with us all.


Yes - I won croquet :) But Dad was right behind me at the end - I only won by one turn.


Dad - "These aren't croquet mallets! These are hammers of retribution!"




Corey and I working on some school things - I can see Corey's screen in the mirror!


Yes, yes - Corey hijacked the camera again.

After working on a few things, Mom, Dad and I all went on a 3 mile run amidst the hills of Carlsbad. Now, 3 miles is not that long, but for Central Valley-bred people who aren't used to hills, it's tough! It was enjoyable though, even the hilly parts.


Remember the Sudoku challenge? Well, the few minutes of time it took to complete the Sudoku puzzle was worth it, because we got free admission to the pizza/bingo night tonight. Free pizza for us, and four games of Bingo! It was really worth it, because Hope won a pie and ice cream prize, and Mom won a 1-hour massage (worth $70). So, in all, we fed our family and won $75 worth of prizes for the $10 it took to admit Hope and Caleb to the bingo/pizza night!


Hope enjoying her prize.


Time for bed!

And that's all for our trip! I hope you enjoyed it!

Stay tuned for more events in the future!

Until then,

Casey

3 comments:

  1. Croquet is fun, although I've only played a couple of times. And that first picture does look very nice.

    All you need is a long, flowing white beard, Corey. ;)

    That sounds like a pretty awesome deal with the sudoku challenge and pizza and all that!

    Glad that you had such a nice trip. Enjoy the long drive home and see you tomorrow!

    ~Hannah-nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the croquet mallets and balls in the first picture are artistically arranged;). Congrats on winning the game, Casey.

    It's great that y'all won all of those prizes! A massage worth $70! pizza! Bingo! Pie and ice cream! Wow!

    Corey, you look just like Sensei Wu;). It appears that the time share has a lego theme going. First, I've seen the big cardboard lego guy in the green overall things a couple times and second, Corey is holding up the card with Sensei Wu! Hmmmmmm. A little fishy;).

    The last picture of Caleb is so cute!

    I will see you tomorrow!

    Kels



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah: Yes, a flowing white beard and a HUGE handlebar moustache =) A teapot might be nice, too.

    Kels: What you don't see is four other cardboard figures that are placed throughout the resort and the little gift area filled with lego paraphernalia. It was very fishy.

    ReplyDelete