Monday, October 21, 2013

Keep Walking!

On Saturday, we held a run/walk-a-thon to raise money for Paige and Katelyn to go to Uganda and help out at Yesu Asobola ministries there. We had around 20 people running doggedly around our house for an hour - and we raised quite a lot of money!

 The twins and Mrs. Olson watch the runners go by.
 

Aidan "The Machine" and I run. Aidan clocked 25 laps (over 6 miles), just behind my dad, who clocked 25 1/2. I did 22 - almost 6 miles.


Mom waves as she passes by.


Dad runs around and around our house.


Nora joins in the "fun".


Matthew smiles (or is that a grimace?) for the camera.


Justin takes a much-needed water break.


And here's the whole group! We look pretty good for having just run an hour!


Of course, this is what we really felt like after running...


And I end this post with a picture of Caleb - try and give me a good caption for this one; you'll get 5 points ;)!

Casey

3 comments:

  1. That was fun! Great Pictures!

    I like the reference to Aidan as "The Machine". Maybe he borrowed cyborg legs;). Hehehe

    The group pictures turned out really well.

    Caleb looks kinda worried, like the orange rind is stuck, so I would put as a caption: Oh boy! My brothers walk around with orange rinds in their mouths all the time, but it always comes out for them! Help!

    Y'all have a good week, and we'll see you soon!

    Kels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he did - that would explain how he kept going :)

    You have a good week too! We'll see y'all Sunday (we aren't going to make it to the dance :( )

    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange you glad the run is over?

    ReplyDelete